What Does This Mean?

Posted: January 30, 2013 by cracker666 in Uncategorized

ashaduttUPDATE: That one facebook throwaway line has got the Kremlin wagons circled tighter than a 60 year old bloke’s sphincter at rectal exam time.  Not even the biggest gossip is talking….but I did hear the phrase “abuse of confidentiality” bandied about….this is going to be interesting

Comments
  1. Kylie says:

I’m picking the use of the word ‘King’ is a cryptic clue that the ‘old boys’ remains united…Long live the King! Argh, Richard King still CEO? How much did it cost us for Sheffield to get 30 applicants down to the devil you know? ffs

2. I Am Not Darren Ludlow says:

I’m guessing Tim won’t be getting a leg over tonight….i thought she was buddy buddy with Dick King?

3. Theposterformerlyknownas says:

Has she only just figured that out? Poor girl.

He’s a politician, there’s nothing left to say.

4. Barry Costello says:

The “fucking old boys”? That reads oddly. Does it mean he’s trying for another baby but doing it missionary style this time, because we know doggy style is anti-establishment….

5. Barry Costello says:

I know who the two unsuccessful candidates were if you want to email me your phone number….

6. Anon says:

Look, he must be 60 now. They’re just giving him a leg up till he hits National Super, bless them. God help the rest of us. Who were the other two candidates?

7. Steve R says:

Whoever mentioned abuse of confidentiality is right. Very, very annoyed if the CEO has been re-appointed and announced via facebook.

8. Theposterformerlyknownas says:

Was thinking about this today and I remembered way back in the bad ole 90’s when the mayor first came down here my dear late grandmother voted for him when he stood for office. She said although she couldn’t stand him he got her vote on one point – that he would get rid of Richard King.

Fast forward past 20 years worth of notable mayoral failures and nothing has changed. If anyone is at all surprised by this re-appointment, let me be the one to tell you, ahem ‘you are mental’. And possibly quite stupid. Sadly, for all the nonsense that surrounded the process I still held out a little hope that there might be a change.

I guess it just shows – even on the miniscule, insignificant Invercargill level – power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

• cracker666 says:

Not surprised, just disgusted.

• Theposterformerlyknownas says:

I doubt there would be many who are entirely surprised – it’s a bit angering, followed by a sense that we’ve just taken a(nother) giant step backwards. If Ms Dutt is surprised, I’m not sure where she has had her head stuck for the past infinity years or so.

I don’t know how those involved in this can sleep at night. They must be so far removed from a sense of responsibility to believe they’ve just acted in the best interests of those they represent.

If You Must, Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s